Land Rover & 4X4 Restorations
If you have an old Land Rover, or 4X4, that needs some work, we can get her road worthy again. We are able to offer a bespoke service for the restoration, allowing you to work within your budget, whilst we get the vehicle back to her former glory.
Any element of the bodywork can be restored, from a complete galvanised rebuild (including the nuts and bolts), through to refurbishment of axles and hubs.
Land Rover & 4X4 Spares
Sourcing original parts and spares for your vintage 4x4 or Land Rover can be a time consuming job. At Town and Country 4x4, we have a number of quality suppliers who provide the full range of parts for Series, defender Land Rovers, Range Rovers and Discoverys along with other 4x4 manufacturers.
In addition, we also have a number of providers who manufacture classic spares to modern standards. This enables us to keep your 4x4 stylistically correct whilst giving you piece of mind as to the build quality of the components.
Land Rover rebuild Kits
No matter what you want to use your Land Rover for, we can source the correct rebuild kit for the task.
We offer a range of kits, based on Gold, Silver and Bronze specifications -
As Bronze +
As Silver +
In addition, we are also able to prepare fully your vehicle for off roading or overland adventuring.
Our Service Standards
We provide high standard re-manufactured Land Rover bulkheads and other land rover parts, on occasions up to 75% of the steel is replaced.
Work you can expect to be carried out on your bulkhead when it comes to us.
1. Clips, brackets and rust infected areas are removed along with any previous repairs, rotten footwells and years old glue and sealer.
2. Bulkheads are then sent for acid dipping until they are clean with zero paint or rust remaining (THIS WITH ANY BULKHEAD IS A MUST). Bulkhead galvanised without being acid dipped will still be rotten inside!
3.New laser cut footwells and repair panels are then formed, pressed and have the appropriate ribs rolled before fitting.
4. Once the bulkhead is secured to our specially made JIG, footwells and repair panels are then fitted and welded, along with new A posts and bottom brackets if required.
5. Once were satisfied all rot is removed, all is repaired and holes are drilled the bulkhead is sent to our galvanisers.
6. When the bulkheads are returned and we're happy with the finish, we then begin to drill and tap any holes be it metric or AF threads filled with galv.
7. Customer is then informed on completion and delivery or collection can be arranged. (500ml etch primer supplied)
7a.(For painted items only) bulkhead is softly rubbed down to create a key for the etching primer, once etch primed it is then coated with an commercial strength anti scratch primer.
8. The next step a light application of specialist body filler (stopper) is applied to any visible repairs and seam sealed where needed.
9. Two coats of primer are then applied and gently rubbed down before two coats of requested colour is applied.
10. Bulkhead is then safely packaged using recycled packing materials to Avoid any scratches during transit.
Our paint guys have years of experience and understand all aspects of bodywork and paint preparation.
A full instruction sheet for painting and preparing can be supplied upon request.